Thursday, January 22, 2009

How small the world really is

I should have posted this awhile ago. Oh well. When we moved into our new house, we didn't know anyone up here. We didn't have the instant friends that we did in school. For me personally I don't like telling people what Shawn does, because the instant I do, they get a look like oh she is a doctor's wife, they must be rich. Anything from the truth, hehe. Anyways, me and the kids when to a Santa breakfast that our ward did (interesting because in my home ward and growing up we always had a dinner with Santa). I met Lacey there who was also from Wyoming. So we started talking and she commented that she had a roommate at college who was from Lyman. Wow, small world. Then she said that it was Jenn Cottrell. GASP!!! That is Shawn's older sister. Needless to say, it was a shock for both of us. I was talking to Shawn about it that it seems like everywhere we go, someone knows someone from the Bridger Valley (where we grew up). Then he said, well it is probably because no one wants to stay there and they scatter all over the country. Very true! But it is really nice to know Lacey and be able to have my kids play with her kids and just get used to the new area.

2 comments:

~April~ said...

That is amazing! And speaking of Jenn. I was going to ask you if she has an email address or anything that you know of. I'd love to send her a quick message and say hi.

Shannon said...

Hi Stephanie,

So glad you left a comment! I hope you are loving Colorado. I'm so glad to see how happy you guys are and that you're doing well. I will add you to my links as well :)